Our acupuncture treatments involve a combination of traditional and modern techniques to address pain and stress related concerns effectively.
Acupuncture has the ability to treat the whole body through the nervous system, skin, muscles and fascia, causing a release of feel-good, pain-relieving endorphins and other biochemicals that promote recovery and optimal function at a cellular level.
Treatment begins with a full health history intake and is often followed by traditional tongue and pulse diagnosis and/or orthopaedic assessment of posture, mobility and stability to determine key areas of structural disfunction or other root causes of disharmony.
We then use any combination of traditional acupuncture, motor point acupuncture, electroacupuncture, laser acupuncture, and soft tissue / myofascial techniques to restore function, flow and integration of the whole system.
We may also recommend stretches, exercises and/or diet and lifestyle changes to help you get you back to your activities faster, prevent future injuries and maintain optimal results.
Osteopathy is a holistic manual therapy that follows the principle of the body as a dynamic unit of function. Treatment is gentle, non-invasive, and encourages the body’s self-healing capacity. The treatment goal is to restore proper body mechanics, nerve impulses, and circulation of the body fluids.
By realigning the structures of the body, improving the mobility of the joints, and releasing restriction of the fascia, muscles, and ligaments, the body is supported in its restoration of proper mechanics allowing it to open the channel of the nerve impulses and circulation of the body fluids and to reduce muscle and joint pain. Each treatment is unique and catered to what the body needs.
Osteopathy is beneficial in relieving acute/chronic pain and inflammation, restoring healthy body motion, supporting healing, promoting circulation, and preventing illness or injury.
- Ensure all intake forms are completed within 48 hours of your appointment so we will have time to review them.
- Make sure you know how to find us - we are located on the second level of the market pavillion building (above pasta lu pino) you will enter either set of doors and go left down the hallway until you find us on the left at the very end of the hall (closest to tandoori grill).
- Wear comfortable loose fitting, and movement appropriate clothes as many assessments and treatments will be done fully or partially dressed.
- Arrive well hydrated and having eaten within 4 hours of your appointment. Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks.
- Make sure you have ample time in your schedule and parking to accomodate for your visit to run within 5-10 minutes of the stated time. For example integrative acupuncture follow-ups are generally 35-45 minutes and initial assessments and extended treatments are 50-60 minutes.
- If your running more than 5 minutes late, give us a call or text if possible to let us know and we will do the same for you.
- Know your schedule! If we need to re-book sessions after your appointment please keep in mind that we operate without reception and so to keep things running smoothly, please review your availiability before you arrive.