RELAXATION MASSAGE THERAPY (RMT)
Relaxation massage is for those of you who would like to shut off your brain, keep talking to a minimum, and prefer a gentler and/or less active approach to treatment. A relaxation focused massage can be a great way to down-regulate our nervous systems allowing rest and relaxation which we know is so critical to our overall health and well-being.
Relaxation treatments are less about a specific measurable outcome and more about you taking the time out to recoup and chill the f* out. Even during active treatment plans, it can be useful to take the focus off of pain or dysfunction for a treatment or two when you are managing higher levels of day-to-day stress.
* Please note that deeper massage techniques will not be used without a proper physical assessment to avoid exacerbating unknown muscular imbalances and that sports massage therapy approaches will often prove to be more effective when treating some pain patterns.
BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
- A decrease in stress-related anxiety and tension
- Increased sense of well-being and relaxation
- Assistance in pain management
- Support general blood circulation
- Promoting a calm mind and restful sleep
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
Britt is so knowledgeable, by far the best RMT in Whistler! I always look forward to my appointments.
Sound advice and excellent work. Britt has been treating me for a few years, and she not only provides excellent bodywork but also takes the time to (a) listen to you and (b) explain what is happening. I highly recommend her.
I’ve been seeing Britt for a while and she has by far been the best and most effective RMT. Highly recommended!!
Britt is amazing. She asks the right questions to figure out what you don’t even know you need. Two big thumbs up!